Since 1977, DAIS has worked passionately and effectively to ensure the safety and well-being of domestic violence survivors and their families, and to change societal attitudes that perpetuate violence and the abuse of power.
- Contacting DAIS
- About DAIS
- DAIS’ Mission, Vision, and Values
- DAIS Materials Available
- Four Star Charity
Help Line, 24 hours a day: 608-251-4445 or 800-747-4045
Business line: 608-251-1237
**Please note this email account is not monitored 24/7. It will generate an automatic response. If you are in immediate danger, please contact our help line. If you have safety concerns about your email, please wait for the automatic response and delete it, along with any correspondence to and from DAIS.
Mail: 2102 Fordem Avenue Madison, WI 53704
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services (or DAIS) believes that a world free from violence is possible. We work to make Dane County, WI, a safer, more just, more equitable place for people who have experienced domestic violence, their children, and the people who love them.
Our mission is to empower those affected by domestic violence and advocate for social change through support, education and outreach. Our vision is a nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice and hope.
To make this happen, DAIS offers a wide array of crisis intervention and community education/prevention programs, including a 24-hour Help Line, programming for children from violent homes, legal advocacy, support groups, emergency safety planning, and the only domestic violence shelter for all of Dane County.
DAIS is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. We receive funding from a variety of sources, including private contributions, United Way of Dane County, Dane County Department of Human Services, City of Madison Community Services, City of Madison CDBG, Wisconsin Department of Children and Families, and VOCA.
DAIS is an equal opportunity employer and service provider.
DAIS es una agencia que ofrece igualdad de oportunidad de empleo y servicios.
DAIS yog ib tus tswv hauj lwm thiab yog ib qhov chaw pab cuam uas muab vaj huam sib luag rau sawv daws.
Empower those affected by domestic violence and advocate for social change through support, education, and outreach.
A nonviolent community that actively promotes safety, peace, justice, and hope.
- Mutual Respect We believe the basis for our effective working relationships, within the organization and with our external stakeholders, is a shared knowledge and appreciation for individual differences. We believe individuals have the right to make their own choices concerning personal safety and how they live their lives. We strive to create and foster relationships based in understanding and appreciation for both self and others.
- Openness We believe that in serving the community and each other, we benefit from being receptive and responsive to ideas, behaviors, cultures, peoples, environments and experiences. We are accountable not only to our funders and donors, but also to each other as well as the people we serve and the community as a whole. We strive to foster an environment where people feel at ease to share opinions and to question.
- Collaboration We believe in the equal distribution of power and privilege throughout society and believe that by working together with each other and with our community partners, we can achieve more than working independently. We strive to create an environment where people exchange strengths and complement others weaknesses without judgment and with a shared commitment to the purpose.
- Shared Responsibility Domestic abuse is a community issue. All members of the community, including abusers, must take responsibility. We work with volunteers, individuals, co-workers, community groups and systems to fulfill our mission and strive toward our vision. We believe that we all have a part to play in creating a safe and peaceful community.
Four Star Charity
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services is proud to be recognized as a four star charity by Charity Navigator, America’s premier independent charity evaluator. Charity Navigator works to advance a more efficient and responsive philanthropic marketplace by evaluating the financial health of America’s largest charities.
Domestic Abuse Intervention Services received a four-star rating, meaning we exceed industry standards and outperform most charities in our Cause. We are proud to announce Domestic Abuse Intervention Services has earned Charity Navigator’s 4th consecutive 4-star rating.
“Domestic Abuse Intervention Services exceptional 4-star rating sets it apart from its peers and demonstrates its trustworthiness to the public. Only a quarter of charities rated by Charity Navigator receive the distinction of our 4-star rating. This adds Domestic Abuse Intervention Services to a preeminent group of charities working to overcome our world’s most pressing challenges. Based on its 4-star rating, people can trust that their donations are going to a financially responsible and ethical charity when they decide to support Domestic Abuse Intervention Services.” – Michael Thatcher, President & CEO of Charity NavigatorBack to top