DAIS volunteers provide crucial, life-saving services to domestic violence survivors and their families and educate the public in meaningful ways.
There are two categories of volunteers at DAIS: Client-based and Community-based.
- Complete a volunteer application (on next page).
- The Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with you to provide additional information to help you choose the program that’s the best fit for you.
- With your permission, DAIS will conduct a criminal background check and contact 3 references.
- You will meet with the Program Coordinator for an interview.
- All new volunteers must attend the next DAIS New Advocate Training session and complete additional program-specific training and observations.
The dates for our next New Advocate Training session are:
Tuesday, July 8, 6PM – 9PM
Wednesday, July 9, 6PM – 9PM
Thursday, July 10, 6PM – 9PM
Saturday, July 12, 9AM-5PM
Tuesday, July 15, 6PM – 9PM
Wednesday, July 16, 6PM-9PM
Thursday, July 17, 6PM – 9PM
You are required to attend all of these dates before volunteering. For a list of available positions and position descriptions, visit our volunteer opportunities page.
Back to top