Interns play a crucial role in the work we do. DAIS offers many possibilities for both undergraduate and graduate students. Interns help support almost every DAIS program – from providing direct services in the DAIS Shelter and Help Line, to assisting with community outreach and education.
All interns are required to complete confidentiality forms for the safety of the DAIS facilities and the protection of those we serve.
No available internships at this time.
Volunteer Intern Requirements:
- Complete the online application.
- The Volunteer Coordinator will be in contact with you to set up an interview with yourself and the coordinator in charge of the internship position.
- You will meet with the Program Coordinator for an interview.
- With your permission, DAIS will conduct a criminal background check and contact 3 references.
- Attend the next DAIS New Advocate Training session.
The dates for New Advocate Training occur in February, June, and September.