DAIS works throughout the Dane County community to raise awareness about domestic violence and promote healthy relationships. Read below to learn more!
We offer workshops, presentations and trainings tailored for specific groups, including:
- Community groups and civic organizations
- K-12 schools and universities
- Churches and faith-based groups
- Companies and human resources professionals
- Law enforcement and legal personnel
- Health care providers
- And more!
Interested in hosting a DAIS speaker or trainer at your next meeting, in-service, or brown-bag event? Learn how today!
For the first time in 2016, DAIS is offering a new opportunity for businesses to be recognized as the Community Education Events Sponsor. Community education events aim to educate the Dane County community about the issue of domestic violence through community education, training and outreach. Learn more about upcoming Community Education Events and RSVP here.
Thank you to the 2016 Community Education Events Sponsor,
National Guardian Life.
DAIS community events for 2016 will focus on the following topics:
- Domestic Violence as a Community Issue
- Film Screening of The Mask You Live In
- What does it mean to support a survivor?
Topics are subject to modification depending on emerging trends or interest areas
DAIS representatives can present to your group on a number of topics, including:
- Warning signs of abuse
- Domestic Violence 101
- Healthy Relationships
- Best practices for prevention
- Domestic violence in the workplace: Tips and tools for companies
- Domestic violence and the legal system
- Domestic violence in LGTBQ communities
- How domestic violence impacts health care
- Dating violence
- Tips and tools for youth
- And many more
To request a speaker or trainer, please send an with the following information with the subject line: Speaker Request. You can also send any questions you may have about requesting a speaker to this email.
- Event Date
- Event Location
- Start Time
- End Time
- Requested Topic(s)
- Number of Participants
- Range of Participants
- Audience Type (i.e. professionals, high school students, civic association)
- Contact Person’s Name
- Contact Person’s Phone Number
- Contact Person’s Email Address
Please contact us at least one month prior to your event date. We do our best to accommodate all requests, but please note our ability to confirm your request depends on staff and/or volunteer ability.
Back to top