DAIS works throughout the Dane County community to raise awareness about domestic violence and promote healthy relationships. Read below to learn more!
We offer workshops, presentations and trainings tailored for specific groups, including:
- Community groups and civic organizations
- K-12 schools and universities
- Churches and faith-based groups
- Companies and human resources professionals
- Law enforcement and legal personnel
- Health care providers
- And more!
Interested in hosting a DAIS speaker or trainer at your next meeting, in-service, or brown-bag event? Learn how today!
The 2017 Empower Sessions are a series of community education events that aim to educate the community about the issue of domestic violence and provide community members the tools to be effective allies in the work to end domestic violence. All events are free and open to the public.
DAIS 2017 Empower Sessions are the following:
- Empower Session: Teens, February (Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month) This event featured speakers from the DAIS La Follette High School M.E.N.S. club, GSAFE and Operation Fresh Start.
- “Ally” is a verb, April (Sexual Assault Awareness Month). This event features speaker from DAIS, WCASA, LGBT Campus Center and Rape Crisis center in an empowering and interactive conversation on allyship and bystander intervention.
- Empower Session #3: More information coming soon!
DAIS representatives can present to your group on a number of topics, including:
- Warning signs of abuse
- Domestic Violence 101
- Healthy Relationships
- Best practices for prevention
- Domestic violence in the workplace: Tips and tools for companies
- Domestic violence and the legal system
- Domestic violence in LGTBQ communities
- How domestic violence impacts health care
- Dating violence
- Tips and tools for youth
- And many more
To request a speaker or trainer, please send an with the following information with the subject line: Speaker Request. You can also send any questions you may have about requesting a speaker to this email.
- Event Date
- Event Location
- Start Time
- End Time
- Requested Topic(s)
- Number of Participants
- Range of Participants
- Audience Type (i.e. professionals, high school students, civic association)
- Contact Person’s Name
- Contact Person’s Phone Number
- Contact Person’s Email Address
Please contact us at least one month prior to your event date. We do our best to accommodate all requests, but please note our ability to confirm your request depends on staff and/or volunteer ability.
Back to top